The ISO/IEC 29110 standard, particularly the profiles for software development, being specifically defined for small organizations, are easy and quick to implement. In addition, as they are certifiable and the requirements for these certifications are also defined in ISO/IEC 29110 standard, it can help to validate the certificates internationally. Therefore, implementing and certifying the profiles help the internationalization of small organizations.
In addition, other advantages of certification are:
- Geting a competitive advantage over others.
- It is possible to obtain a consistency in the quality of the products that the customer receives, ensuring the continuity of their level of quality.
- Operational costs decrease by systematizing many tasks and standardizing the common culture of the organization.
- It makes your company ready to export because it can show an internationally valid certificate based on also internationally agreed best practices.
- Maximizes the productivity of the employees and prepares them to do their job satisfactorily.
- Greater confidence of customers (foreign importers, investors)
- Greater possibility of opening new markets for exporting companies.
- Global recognition, and many other benefits.