In the next sections, we will explain what are the “cookies” and the types of “cookies” used by upto25 on your website:
1. What are “cookies”?
A cookie is a file that Web sites send to the user’s computer or other device connected to the Internet in order to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in it. These files allow the storage of amounts of data ranging from a few kilobytes to several Megabytes on the user’s terminal.
“Cookies” are only associated with your device and do not provide personal data. In addition, in no case they can cause any damage to your device and allow us to identify and resolve possible errors.
These files allow the website to remember information about your visit, such as the language and any taste and/or preferences, which may facilitate your next visit and make this website more useful when personalizing its content. Cookies play a very important role in improving the experience of using this website.
1.1. Types of “cookies” according to the entity that manages them
According to who is the entity that manages the equipment or domain where the cookies are sent from and who treats the data that are obtained, we can distinguish:
- “Own cookies”: there are those that are sent to the equipment of the user from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- “Third party cookies”: there are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through cookies.
In case that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected by them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as their own cookies.
1.2. Types of “cookies” according to the term that remain activated
Depending on the duration they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- “Session cookies” are a type of “cookies” designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a particular website.
They are usually used to store information where the only interest to preserve it is for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
- “Persistent Cookies” are a type of “cookies” in which the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can go from a few minutes to several years.
1.3. Types of “cookies” according to their purpose
According to the treatment purpose of the data obtained through the cookies, we can distinguish between:
- “Technical Cookies” are those that allow the user to navigate through a Web page, platform or application and allow the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as traffic control and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that integrate an order, carry out the process of buying an order, make the subscription or application to an event, use security features during browsing, store contents for the broadcast of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- “Personalization Cookies” are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria of the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- “Analysis cookies” are those that allow the manager of the cookies to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked to. The information collected through this type of “cookies” is used for the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform, and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of the sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce Improvements based on the analysis of the use of the data that the users of the service do.
- “Advertising Cookies” are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform, from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency of the ads displays.
- “Behavioural advertising cookies” are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher has included in his web page, application or platform, from which he provides the service requested. These cookies store information on the behaviour of the users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to show advertising.
2. “Cookies” used by upto25
According with the definitions of the types of “cookies” expressed in the previous section, upto25 informs you that, in this website, the following types of cookies used are:
- “Own Cookies”
- “Session cookies”
- “Analysis Cookies”
3. Acceptance of the upto25 “cookies” policy
We show the possibility of accessing the information of our policy of “cookies” in any of the pages of this website, that is, access to this information is part of its static content. In addition, a notification on the use of “cookies” on this website is displayed at each login, through which you can also access the content of our policy in this matter and accept it with a single click.
With this information, you can perform the following actions:
- Accept expressly the use of “cookies”: if, at the beginning of the session, you click on the “I Agree” option that appears in the notice of use of “cookies”, you are expressly accepting its use by upto25, and such notice will not reappear in subsequent use sessions of this website as long as you don’t decide to modify the settings of your browser.
- Continue browsing this website: if you continue browsing, it will be understood that you accept the use of “cookies”. In such a case, the notification on the use of the “cookies” will not be displayed again during the same session.
- Close: the message is hidden in the current session. If you re-start a new session, this notification will reappear in the same way again and again until it is accepted or, on the contrary, you modify your browser settings.
- Modify your configuration: you can obtain more information about what are the “cookies”, know the policy of “cookies” of upto25 and modify the configuration of your browser, in the way we present below.
Without the express consent of the user (by activating the “cookies” in your browser), upto25 will not link in the “cookies” the your stored personal data provided at the time of registration or in the process of purchase.
The user expressly accepts, for the use of this website, the treatment of the information collected in the form and for the purposes mentioned in this document. It also recognizes the possibility of refusing the processing of such data or information by modifying the use of “cookies” by selecting the appropriate settings for that purpose in your browser. upto25 warns that, in case of using this option of blocking cookies, it is possible that the browser does not allow the full use of all the functionalities of this website.
4. How to manage “cookies” through the configuration of your browser ?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your device. For more information on how to manage cookies, visit each of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/en/cookies.html
If you use any other browser, you should consult the manual corresponding to your browser about hot to configure “cookies”. In no case, upto25 is responsible for the fact that the configuration instructions of “cookies” that concern other browsers not expressly included in this section are true or fully functional or even allow the actions described in this document.
In some browsers, you can set specific rules for managing cookies by website, which provides more precise control over privacy. This means that you can disable cookies from all sites except those you trust.
5. Withdrawal of consent for the use of “cookies”
Users may withdraw the consent previously granted at any time by selecting the appropriate configuration of their browser, proceeding to block the use of the “cookies” used by this website. However, in case of blocking the use of “cookies” in your browser it is possible that some services or functionalities of this website are not available.